Well it has been quite a while since I have posted, and I apologize for that my faithful readers (all 2 of you)!!
A crazy busy fun summer it has been so far at Hillbilly Haven and beyond. Lots of company has come and gone, and we did a little family trip to the east to visit and swim, swim, swim. We butchered the meat birds and the freezer is full of poultry. I have put up some dill pickles and pickled beets, my food hoard is coming along nicely for the winter. The pigs are growing daily enjoying their summer, I’m still coming to terms that they will be part of my food hoard come the winter.
Our one staple through it all has been these Paleo plantain waffles. I so wish I could take credit for these babies, but alas I cannot. The only thing I did was make them into waffles instead of pancakes and that idea came from Chris Kresser. I found the plantain pancake recipe HERE at The Paleo mom website. She has some awesome recipes with plantains and other foodstuffs, check her out.
They are fast to make and taste great and ALL of my family members like them which is quite a feat!!
Paleo Gluten-Free Waffles (recipe slightly adapted from The Paleo Mom)
- 2 large Green Plantains (about 2 cups pureed)
- 4 Eggs
- 1 TBL Vanilla
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil or Avocado Oil
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- Peel plantains (I find it easier to quarter them before I peel them) and place pieces in your blender (preferred) or food processor (okay) with the eggs. Blend to form a smooth batter (if your blender has a smoothie function, that works well here).
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the blender or food processor and process on high for an additional minute (or 2-3 with a food processor to get a really good smooth batter).
- Heat your waffle iron and pour the batter in, cook according to your iron’s directions.
- Repeat until all batter is used. Keep warm in the oven or eat as soon as they come out! Enjoy! Makes about 5 Belgian Waffles
3 thoughts on “Paleo Gluten-Free Waffles”
Hope I am considered one of your two readers!
My first one too!!
Yum!! Been missing waffles!