As the weather gets colder, I start craving hardier foods and molasses cookies fall into that category. Something about the rich flavor of black strap molasses and spices, makes this cookie a perfect winter companion.
The Paleo Mom just posted about all the great benefits of unsulfured black strap molasses, which you can read HERE. And read it you should, you will be amazed at all of the great nutrition in this sweetener.
I have made 3 half batches of these cookies and after eating 4 or more, gave them away only to make another half batch to eat and give away (Pete and repeat). I tested these on non-gluten- free people and they had no clue they were gluten-free and low on the sweetener. They have that crunch on the outside and are soft and chewy on the inside.
Gluten-Free Molasses Cookies
2 Cups Almond Flour
6 TBL Butter, melted
5 TBL unsulfured Black strap Molasses (like this one)
1 TBL Ground Ginger
1 TBL Cinnamon
1 tsp Cloves
3/4 tsp Allspice
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
Coconut Sugar or Organic Sugar (to roll cookie dough balls in)
- Preheat the oven to *350 Degrees, Line a cookie sheet with parchment or lightly grease with butter.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Melt the butter and add molasses, and vanilla
- Add the wet to the dry ingredients, Mix until all is incorporated
- Scoop out cookie dough with a cookie scoop and roll into a ball
- Roll the ball in the sugar, coating all sides, place on cookie sheet, slightly press each ball down.
- Bake in the oven for 5-8 minute until the tops begin to crack and the edges darken slightly.
- Let cool completely and enjoy. Makes about 20 cookies