I found this recipe when I had a few very ripe bananas I needed to use up. I have since made these countless times and they are so good. Here is the original recipe over at http://www.texanerin.com. I have only altered the sweetener, the type of fat and salt content, otherwise it is a foolproof delicious muffin. Anytime I can cut sweetener I do cause my motto is, “if you don’t need it, don’t eat it”. However I don’t always adhere to my motto.
My daughter has offered to make and post some food videos on instagram, so you can check out her chocolate banana muffin video at my kleecreations instagram account.
Chocolate Banana Gluten-Free Muffins
2 Ripe Medium Size Bananas
1 TBL Vanilla
1/4 Cup of Butter, melted
2 cups Almond Flour
3 TBL Coconut Flour
1/3 Cup Cocoa Powder
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Sea Salt Fine or Coarse (coarse gives you a salted dark chocolate taste)
1 Cup Bittersweet or Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- In a food processor or a bowl mash the banana so most of the chunks are gone, add the honey, vanilla, eggs and butter and mix until well combined
- In a separate bowl mix together all the dry ingredients except the chocolate chips
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until well combined
- Mix in the chocolate chips
- Line a muffin tin with baking muffin cups and fill each one with the batter to 3/4 full
- Bake in a *350 degree oven until the muffins are springy to the touch approximately 18-20 minutes
- Let cool on a wire rack and enjoy!
- Makes about 12 muffins
- If you want to get really fancy frost these with my cream cheese whipped cream frosting found HERE